Sound Off!// Comment Klatsch #15: Urban Sounds
klatsch \KLAHCH\ , noun: A casual gathering of people, esp. for refreshments and informal conversation [German Klatsch, from klatschen, to gossip, make a sharp noise, of imitative origin.] (Dictionary.com)
Who or what determines a city’s soundscape?
Comment Klatsch logo courtesy of The Infatuated on Flickr.
- SO! Amplifies: Cities and Memory
- SO! Reads: Daniela Cascella’s F.M.R.L. (Finding Materials for Remembering and Listening)
- Machinic Ballads: Alan Lomax’s Global Jukebox and the Categorization of Sound Culture
- Black Mourning, Black Movement(s): Savion Glover’s Dance for Amiri Baraka
- Sounding Our Utopia: An Interview With Mileece
Search for topics. . .
Like us on Facebook!
- RT @aram: In case you still thought copyright was for the masses. "World's Top 5 music publishers now control 11 million songs" http://t.co… 11 hours ago
- RT @womensaudio: Thelonious Monk 1963 CBS 30th Street Studio NY w/custom tube console http://t.co/ZKogbBh69t 11 hours ago
- RT @randyprine: 26 year old survives Iraq but not 2 days in a Texas jail. We do Memorial Day all wrong if we don't demand answers http://t… 12 hours ago