Sound Off! // Comment Klatsch #18: Sounds of Freedom
klatsch \KLAHCH\ , noun: A casual gathering of people, esp. for refreshments and informal conversation [German Klatsch, from klatschen, to gossip, make a sharp noise, of imitative origin.] (Dictionary.com)
Dear Readers: ¡Regina Bradley, Presente! —J. Stoever-Ackerman, Editor-in-Chief
In honor of the 50th anniversary of Freedom Summer, which sounds remind you of the Freedom Struggle today?
Comment Klatsch logo courtesy of The Infatuated on Flickr.
About Regina N. BradleyDr. Regina N. Bradley is a writer, scholar, and researcher of African American Life and Culture. She is a recipient of the Nasir Jones HipHop Fellowship at Harvard University (Spring 2016) and an Assistant Professor of African American Literature at Armstrong State University. Dr. Bradley's expertise and research interests include hip hop culture, race and the contemporary U.S. South, and sound studies. Dr. Bradley's current book project, Chronicling Stankonia: Recognizing America's Hip Hop South (under contract, UNC Press), explores how hip hop (with emphasis on the southern hip hop duo Outkast) and popular culture update conversations about the American South to include the post-Civil Rights era. Also known as Red Clay Scholar, a nod to her Georgia upbringing, Regina maintains a critically acclaimed blog and personal website – www.redclayscholar.com.
- SO! Amplifies: Radio Coyote’s #DIASPORADICAL Sound
- Sounding Out! Podcast #49: Yoshiwara Soundwalk: Taking the Underground to the Floating World
- Of Resilience and Men: How Bieber, Skrillex, and Diplo Play with Gender in “Where Are Ü Now”
- SO! Amplifies: Sounding Board Curated by Leonardo Cardoso
- Tape Hiss, Compression, and the Stubborn Materiality of Sonic Diaspora
Search for topics. . .
- RT @DestinyAriel: @Princeton, the world is watching. We are her students but it's clearly reaching ppl outside of Princeton. https://t.co/… 3 hours ago
- RT @AshAgony: #NYC: #PeoplesMonday in Penn Station telling people about victims of cop violence! #BlackLivesMatter https://t.co/9CqDIhjYgH 3 hours ago
- RT @danamo: to be read. twitter.com/nytimesarts/st… 5 hours ago