Sound Off! // Comment Klatsch #18: Sounds of Freedom
klatsch \KLAHCH\ , noun: A casual gathering of people, esp. for refreshments and informal conversation [German Klatsch, from klatschen, to gossip, make a sharp noise, of imitative origin.] (Dictionary.com)
Dear Readers: ¡Regina Bradley, Presente! —J. Stoever-Ackerman, Editor-in-Chief
In honor of the 50th anniversary of Freedom Summer, which sounds remind you of the Freedom Struggle today?
Comment Klatsch logo courtesy of The Infatuated on Flickr.
About Regina N. BradleyDr. Regina N. Bradley is a writer, scholar, and freelance researcher of African American Life and Culture. She is a recipient of the Nasir Jones HipHop Fellowship at Harvard University (Spring 2016) and an incoming Assistant Professor of African American Literature at Armstrong State University. Dr. Bradley's expertise and research interests include hip hop culture, race and the contemporary U.S. South, and sound studies. Dr. Bradley's current book project, Chronicling Stankonia: Recognizing America's Hip Hop South (under contract, UNC Press), explores how hip hop (with emphasis on the southern hip hop duo Outkast) and popular culture update conversations about the American South to include the post-Civil Rights era. Also known as Red Clay Scholar, a nod to her Georgia upbringing, Regina maintains a critically acclaimed blog and personal website – www.redclayscholar.com.
- Ritual, Noise, and the Cut-up: The Art of Tara Transitory
- Enacting Queer Listening, or When Anzaldúa Laughs
- Sounding Out! Podcast #46: Ruptures in the Soundscape of Disneyland
- Straight Leanin’: Sounding Black Life at the Intersection of Hip-hop and Big Pharma
- The Sweet Sounds of Havana: Space, Listening, and the Making of Sonic Citizenship
Search for topics. . .
- RT @alothian: #2015ASA @aweheliye also working on history of R&B: digital technologies entwined with questions of what it means to live 9 hours ago
- RT @shegiles2010: My new book, Real Men Don't Sing, is now available for purchase! Read about America's first pop idol, Rudy Vallée! http:/… 9 hours ago
- RT @chknfriedtofu: funk singalong led by e patrick johnson & marlon bailey at the reading of lisa thompson's "underground" #2015ASA http://… 9 hours ago