Gayle Wald is Professor of English at George Washington University. She is author of Shout, Sister, Shout!: The Untold Story of Rock-and-Roll Trailblazer Sister Rosetta Tharpe (Beacon, 2007) and working on a book about the TV show Soul!, which brought a black power sensibility to PBS circa 1968-73.
- Sounding Out! Podcast #35: Sonic Beyoncé Roundtable
- Resounding Silence and Soundless Surveillance, From TMZ Elevator to Beyoncé and Back Again
- Catastrophic Listening
- “You’re. . .#noangel. . . either”: Uneasy Politics and Dissonant Sonics in Beyoncé’s “No Angel”
- Sound Off! // Comment Klatsch #19: Take Us to the Bridge!
Search for topics. . .
Like us on Facebook!
- RT @djunto: This week's project: make music from the near silence of three different phone calls: disquiet.com/2014/09/18/dis… 1 day ago
- Fugazi Are Releasing a Lost Album of Songs From 1888 fb.me/1YsIzy1j4 1 day ago
- RT @lianamsilvaford: ICYMI evening crowd: I hosted @soundingoutblog's latest podcast, a roundtable on Queen Bey, for our September forum: h… 1 day ago