Gayle Wald is Professor of English at George Washington University. She is author of Shout, Sister, Shout!: The Untold Story of Rock-and-Roll Trailblazer Sister Rosetta Tharpe (Beacon, 2007) and working on a book about the TV show Soul!, which brought a black power sensibility to PBS circa 1968-73.
- SO! Amplifies: Radio Coyote’s #DIASPORADICAL Sound
- Sounding Out! Podcast #49: Yoshiwara Soundwalk: Taking the Underground to the Floating World
- Of Resilience and Men: How Bieber, Skrillex, and Diplo Play with Gender in “Where Are Ü Now”
- SO! Amplifies: Sounding Board Curated by Leonardo Cardoso
- Tape Hiss, Compression, and the Stubborn Materiality of Sonic Diaspora
Search for topics. . .
- RT @BakerStJournal: "Orson Welles and Sherlock Holmes on the Air" from @soundingoutblog soundstudiesblog.com/2014/01/09/fro… https://t.co/wYdSuzrNYl 36 minutes ago
- RT @kramermj: Anyone at @IASPMUS @soundingoutblog grappled w/ this study yet? rsos.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/2/5/15… #digitalhumanities see also, https://… 55 minutes ago
- RT @RadioTaskForce: "Patrick Feaster: New Technology Brings Earliest Recorded Sounds Back to Life" vnews.com/home/20903421-… 4 hours ago