Karen Tongson is Associate Professor of English and Gender Studies at USC, and the author of the forthcoming book, Relocations: Queer Suburban Imaginaries (NYU Press, August 2011). She is currently the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Popular Music Studies (with Gustavus Stadler), and the series editor of Postmillennial Pop at NYU Press (with Henry Jenkins). By night, Karen can be found belting power ballads, flashing jazz hands and sipping bourbon at a seedy karaoke establishment near you. .
- SO! Amplifies: Cities and Memory
- SO! Reads: Daniela Cascella’s F.M.R.L. (Finding Materials for Remembering and Listening)
- Machinic Ballads: Alan Lomax’s Global Jukebox and the Categorization of Sound Culture
- Black Mourning, Black Movement(s): Savion Glover’s Dance for Amiri Baraka
- Sounding Our Utopia: An Interview With Mileece
Search for topics. . .
Like us on Facebook!
- RT @citiesandmemory: ICYMI: Nice Cities & Memory feature on @soundingoutblog about #quietstreet for @FringeArtsBath soundstudiesblog.com/2015/05/25/so-… 31 minutes ago
- RT @TheSavionGlover: @soundingoutblog @moriahgirl 1 hour ago
- RT @MixtapeMuseum: "I’m into the #sound; for me, when I’m hittin’, layin’ it down, it’s all about the sound." @TheSavionGlover via... http:… 1 hour ago