Nina Sun Eidsheim
Nina Sun Eidsheim is Assistant Professor of Musicology at UCLA. She is working on a book about the moment music enters the body. During 2011-12 she’ll be a fellow at Cornell University, The Society for the Humanities, participating in a research group on Sound: Culture, Theory, Practice, Politics. In addition, she’ll co-convene a University of California Humanities Center Residency Research Group on voice (with Annette Schlichter) during fall 2011.
- Sounding Out! Podcast #44: Retail Soundscapes and the Ambience of Commerce
- Caterpillars and Concrete Roses in a Mad City: Kendrick Lamar’s “Mortal Man” Interview with Tupac Shakur
- Sonic Connections: Listening for Indigenous Landscapes in Kent Mackenzie’s The Exiles
- Saving Sound, Sounding Black, Voicing America: John Lomax and the Creation of the “American Voice”
- SO! Amplifies: Josh Shepperd on the Radio Preservation Task Force of the Library of Congress (from FlowTV)
Search for topics. . .
Like us on Facebook!
- RT @lianamsilva: Have I told you lately that @soundingoutblog is turning 6 next month? 6 hours ago
- RT @lianamsilva: Even @soundingoutblog needs a break from time to time. But July is BLOG-O-VERSARY MONTH! 10 hours ago
- remember, it is a BYE week for SO!. . .we return Monday, July 6th! 10 hours ago