Jacqueline Dowdell received a B.A. from the University of Michigan and an M.F.A. from Cornell University. She is a communications coordinator at Cornell Law School. Thanks to her mother’s memories, her grandmother’s meticulous archive of Specialty history, and a newfound enthusiasm for sound, she is working on a memoir about the Specialty Record Shop.
- SO! Amplifies: The Electric Golem (Trevor Pinch and James Spitznagel)
- Can’t Nobody Tell Me Nothin: Respectability and The Produced Voice in Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road”
- SO! Reads: Rebecca Tuhus-Dubrow’s Personal Stereo
- SO! Podcast #76: F*** U Pay Us @ UC Riverside PunkCon
- SO! Amplifies: The Blues and Jazz Dance Book Club
Search for topics. . .
- New Sound Studies journal out now! tandfonline.com/toc/rfso20/5/1… 20 minutes ago
- NEW POST UP! SO! Amplifies: The Electric Golem (Trevor Pinch and James Spitznagel) soundstudiesblog.com/2019/06/24/so-… via @soundingoutblog 34 minutes ago
- Tap and Roll and Paralytic Transit , Andy Slater, 2018 g400disabilityproject.com/129-2/?fbclid=… 35 minutes ago