LUIS-MANUEL GARCIA aka “LMGM”:LMGM/Luis-Manuel is a Canadian of Peruvian-Colombian origins, migrating between Toronto, Berlin, Chicago, and Paris. He has managed to turn his love of electronic dance music into a PhD in Ethnomusicology at the University of Chicago, and into post-doctoral fellowships at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development and the Freie Universität Berlin. On the side, he writes about food and dances every chance he gets.
- SO! Amplifies: The Electric Golem (Trevor Pinch and James Spitznagel)
- Can’t Nobody Tell Me Nothin: Respectability and The Produced Voice in Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road”
- SO! Reads: Rebecca Tuhus-Dubrow’s Personal Stereo
- SO! Podcast #76: F*** U Pay Us @ UC Riverside PunkCon
- SO! Amplifies: The Blues and Jazz Dance Book Club
Search for topics. . .
- New Sound Studies journal out now! tandfonline.com/toc/rfso20/5/1… 17 minutes ago
- NEW POST UP! SO! Amplifies: The Electric Golem (Trevor Pinch and James Spitznagel) soundstudiesblog.com/2019/06/24/so-… via @soundingoutblog 30 minutes ago
- Tap and Roll and Paralytic Transit , Andy Slater, 2018 g400disabilityproject.com/129-2/?fbclid=… 31 minutes ago