Alexander Russo is an Associate Professor of Media Studies at The Catholic University of America. His research interests include the technology and cultural form of radio and television, sound studies, radio and television criticism, the development of “old” new media, the history of music and society, the relationship between media and space, and the history of popular culture.
- “I Dreamed and Loved and Wandered and Sang”: Sounding Blackness in W.E.B. Du Bois’s Dark Princess
- “Most pleasant to the ear”: W. E. B. Du Bois’s Itinerant Intellectual Soundscapes
- Canonization and the Color of Sound Studies
- Sound the Alarm: Blog-O-Versary 9.0
- Sounding Out! Podcast #69: Sound The Alarm
Search for topics. . .
- RT @yao_christine: Check out @kristin_moriah’s post on sounding Blackness and Du Bois! #poc19 #litpoc #soundstudied #citeblackwomen #citeWO… 3 hours ago
- RT @soundingoutblog: New Post up in our "Amplifying Du Bois at 150" series by @Kristin_Moriah! soundstudiesblog.com/2018/08/20/i-d… 3 hours ago
- RT @soundsculptures: Pleased to have an article included in this. It discusses some of the thinking behind my sound art - first step towa… 3 hours ago