Kevin Allred is a musician, activist, and teacher, currently at Rutgers University, where he teaches a signature course he created: “Politicizing Beyoncé.” He lives in Brooklyn, NY with his boyfriend and two elderly dachshunds. Join the Politicizing Beyoncé community at www.facebook.com/politicizingbeyonce. You can also find Kevin at www.kevinallredmusic.com andwww.politicizingbeyonce.com.
- Unlearning Black Sound in Black Artistry: Examining the Quiet in Solange’s A Seat At the Table
- Introduction to Sound, Ability, and Emergence Forum
- The Listening Body in Death
- Troubling Silence: Sonic and Affective Dispossessions of the African Slave Trade
- “Don’t Be Self-Conchas”: Listening to Mexican Styled Phonetics in Popular Culture*
Search for topics. . .
- RT @yahhitscorrine: Honestly John Lennon wouldn't have been able to keep up with her, she's so next level twitter.com/soundingoutblo… 6 hours ago
- Self-Care Tips from Yoko Ono fb.me/9nhJvxhBP 7 hours ago
- New post! "Unlearning Black Sound in Black Artistry: Examining the Quiet in @solangeknowles's A Seat At the Table" soundstudiesblog.com/2017/05/22/unl… 8 hours ago