Eric Weisbard is the author of Top 40 Democracy: The Rival Mainstreams of American Music (University of Chicago Press), organizes the EMP Pop Conference, and is an Assistant Professor of American Studies at the University of Alabama.
- Listening in Plain Sight: The Enduring Influence of U.S. Air Guitar
- “Vous Ecoutez La Voix du Peuple”: The Kreyol Language Pirate Radio Stations of Flatbush, Brooklyn
- Archivism and Activism: Radio Haiti and the Accountability of Educational Institutions
- Broadcast Kidnapping: How the Rise of the Radio led to the Fall of Jean-Claude Duvalier
- A Day on the Dial in Cap Haïtien, Haiti
Search for topics. . .
Looking for a Specific Post or Author?
Click here for the SOUNDING OUT INDEX. . .all posts and podcasts since 2009, scrollable by author, date, and title. Updated every 5 minutes.