Norma Coates is Associate Professor with a joint appointment in the Don Wright Faculty of Music and the Faculty of Information and Media
Studies at the University of Western Ontario. She writes and studies about popular music and sound and their interactions and intersections
with other things such as gender, television, film, age, and the entertainment industry.
- “It’s Time to End the Publishing Gatekeeping!”: SO! stands with RaceB4Race
- Listen to yourself!: Spotify, Ancestry DNA, and the Fortunes of Race Science in the Twenty-First Century
- Black Excellence on the Airwaves: Nora Holt and the American Negro Artist Program
- Blank Space and “Asymmetries of Childhood Innocence”
- Youth, Reverberations, and Detroit’s Most Charismatic Rapper
Search for topics. . .
- RT @ChosenByTheFunk: Moodymann just skated around his prince shrine during an online DJ set for the SOTT deluxe release after party. Gonna… 1 hour ago
- @KleinUla wow. to hear that you couldn't hear colleagues with kids until you had one of your own is actually really devastating. 2 hours ago
- it's wonderful to hear them both laugh together here, and hear them talk about prison abolition, creativity, collec… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago