Norie Guthrie and Scott Carlson
Norie Guthrie is an Archivist and Special Collections Librarian with the Woodson Research Center at Rice University’s Fondren Library. She has been building the Houston Folk Music Archive at Fondren Library.
Scott Carlson is the Metadata Coordinator at Rice University’s Fondren Library. An active member of the independent record label community, he runs Frodis Records, an independent reissue label.
- Technological Interventions, or Between AUMI and Afrocuban Timba
- Sounding Out! Podcast #61: Ni Le Pen, ni Macron: Parisian Soundscapes of Resistance
- Unlearning Black Sound in Black Artistry: Examining the Quiet in Solange’s A Seat At the Table
- Introduction to Sound, Ability, and Emergence Forum
- The Listening Body in Death
Search for topics. . .
- RT @nelsongeorge: mensjournal.com/magazine/sony-… A wonderful interview with the genius that is @sonnyrollins. 6 hours ago
- RT @Sherrie11208672: Great article by Caleb Lazaro-Moreno, "Technological Interventions, or Between AUMI and Afrocuban Timba" on Sounding O… 8 hours ago
- Technological Interventions, or Between AUMI and Afrocuban Timba soundstudiesblog.com/2017/05/29/tec… 21 hours ago