Owen Marshall is a PhD candidate in Science and Technology Studies at Cornell University. His dissertation research focuses on the articulation of embodied perceptual skills, technological systems, and economies of affect in the recording studio. He is particularly interested in the history and politics of pitch-time correction, cybernetics, and ideas and practices about sensory-technological attunement in general.
- They Can Hear Us: Surveillance and Race in “A Quiet Place”
- #MMLPQTP Politics: Soccer Chants, Viral Memes, and Argentina’s 2018 “Hit of the Summer”
- Episode II: The Greatest Sound in the Galaxy: Sound and Star Wars
- SO! Podcast #68: Listening In with Sounding Out! (feat. Pavitra Sundar)
- SO! READS: Melissa Mora Hidalgo’s Mozlandia: Morrissey Fans in the Borderlands
Search for topics. . .
- facebook.com/story.php?stor… 1 hour ago
- RT @DInesCasillas: You can’t advocate for poor, immigrant kids and then try to shield yours from the news. Make sure *you explain what is h… 19 hours ago
- RT @jbendery: wow -- Protesters crashed DHS Sec Kirstjen Nielsen's dinner at a Mexican restaurant tonight, shouting "shame!" and "if kids d… 1 day ago