PABLO ROMAN-ALCALA: Yo. I am Pablo aka “Beaner” aka “Skirtchaser” aka “El Frijolero” etc. I am an internationally working musician and dj who has enjoyed a modicum of success, but who doesn’t like what has happened to the musical landscape vis-a-vis “conservatism” in respect to both Money and Art. I mean the relationship of the two, okay? It sucks. And I want to change it.
- Unlearning Black Sound in Black Artistry: Examining the Quiet in Solange’s A Seat At the Table
- Introduction to Sound, Ability, and Emergence Forum
- The Listening Body in Death
- Troubling Silence: Sonic and Affective Dispossessions of the African Slave Trade
- “Don’t Be Self-Conchas”: Listening to Mexican Styled Phonetics in Popular Culture*
Search for topics. . .
- RT @yahhitscorrine: Honestly John Lennon wouldn't have been able to keep up with her, she's so next level twitter.com/soundingoutblo… 6 hours ago
- Self-Care Tips from Yoko Ono fb.me/9nhJvxhBP 7 hours ago
- New post! "Unlearning Black Sound in Black Artistry: Examining the Quiet in @solangeknowles's A Seat At the Table" soundstudiesblog.com/2017/05/22/unl… 8 hours ago