Nicholas Mizer is an anthropology PhD candidate at Texas A&M University.Besides role-playing games his research interests include folklore, mythology, ritual, phenomenology, interpretive anthropology, performance studies, and geek culture. His dissertation explores how players of tabletop role-playing games collaboratively experience imagined worlds. He is an editor for The Geek Anthropologist and produces Spot Check, a Youtube series about his research on gaming.
- “It’s Time to End the Publishing Gatekeeping!”: SO! stands with RaceB4Race
- Listen to yourself!: Spotify, Ancestry DNA, and the Fortunes of Race Science in the Twenty-First Century
- Black Excellence on the Airwaves: Nora Holt and the American Negro Artist Program
- Blank Space and “Asymmetries of Childhood Innocence”
- Youth, Reverberations, and Detroit’s Most Charismatic Rapper
Search for topics. . .
- Amazing work!!! Please check out, fam! twitter.com/tom_western/st… 21 hours ago
- It’s here! So excited @aydeethegreat!!! Congratulations on this dopeness! https://t.co/umHGEfd3u4 21 hours ago
- Came across this ad while going through some 00s music stuff @DDDrewDaniel! https://t.co/LsDwzIZ1df 21 hours ago