Jacqueline Dowdell received a B.A. from the University of Michigan and an M.F.A. from Cornell University. She is a communications coordinator at Cornell Law School. Thanks to her mother’s memories, her grandmother’s meticulous archive of Specialty history, and a newfound enthusiasm for sound, she is working on a memoir about the Specialty Record Shop.
- Can’t Nobody Tell Me Nothin: Respectability and The Produced Voice in Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road”
- SO! Reads: Rebecca Tuhus-Dubrow’s Personal Stereo
- SO! Podcast #76: F*** U Pay Us @ UC Riverside PunkCon
- SO! Amplifies: The Blues and Jazz Dance Book Club
- SO! Reads: Steph Ceraso’s Sounding Composition: Multimodal Pedagogies for Embodied Listening
Search for topics. . .
- RT @jeddobson: Israel Reyes @IsraResCres starting “Decolonizing Queer Camp in Edwin Sánchez’s Diary of a Puerto Rican Demigod.” #fasi19 htt… 4 hours ago
- RT @larrylafountain: Israel Reyes (Dartmouth) on Decolonizing Queer Camp in Edwin Sánchez’s Diary of a Puerto Rican Demigod at the Futures… 4 hours ago
- RT @inratsalley: “You can’t understand Sylvia Rivera’s activism without understanding her commitment to religion and the rhetoric she uses… 4 hours ago