James Hodges is a PhD student in media studies at Rutgers University. His research focuses on the relationship between promotional culture and media preservation. James is the cofounder of a media archaeology working group at Rutgers and he runs a small cassette label for fun.
- ‘No Place Like Home’: Dissonance and Displacement in Gimlet Media’s Fiction Podcast “Homecoming”
- SO! Amplifies: Wu Tsang’s Anthem (2021)
- Teaching Soundwalks in a Course on Gentrification, Black Music, and Corporate America
- Sonic Lessons of the Covid-19 Soundscape
- Critical bandwidths: hearing #metoo and the construction of a listening public on the web
Search for topics. . .
Looking for a Specific Post or Author?
Click here for the SOUNDING OUT INDEX. . .all posts and podcasts since 2009, scrollable by author, date, and title. Updated every 5 minutes.