SCMS Special Editor
Neil Verma is a Harper-Schmidt Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Chicago, where he teaches media aesthetics. Verma works on radio and its intersection with other media, and has taught subjects including film studies, sound, art history, literature, critical theory and intellectual history. His book, Theater of the Mind: Imagination, Aesthetics, and American Radio Drama, is published by the University of Chicago Press.
- They Can Hear Us: Surveillance and Race in “A Quiet Place”
- #MMLPQTP Politics: Soccer Chants, Viral Memes, and Argentina’s 2018 “Hit of the Summer”
- Episode II: The Greatest Sound in the Galaxy: Sound and Star Wars
- SO! Podcast #68: Listening In with Sounding Out! (feat. Pavitra Sundar)
- SO! READS: Melissa Mora Hidalgo’s Mozlandia: Morrissey Fans in the Borderlands
Search for topics. . .
- facebook.com/story.php?stor… 1 hour ago
- RT @DInesCasillas: You can’t advocate for poor, immigrant kids and then try to shield yours from the news. Make sure *you explain what is h… 19 hours ago
- RT @jbendery: wow -- Protesters crashed DHS Sec Kirstjen Nielsen's dinner at a Mexican restaurant tonight, shouting "shame!" and "if kids d… 1 day ago