Annual conference previews and listings from big conferences not exclusively devoted to sound (the American Studies Association, the Society for Ethnomusicology, the Modern Language Association, and the Society for Cinema and Media Studies. . .and more!).
- “Happy Homes Have Gramophones” –Gender, Technology, and the Sonic Restaging of Community Before and After the Partition of Bengal
- Out of Sync: Gendered Location Sound Work in Bollywood
- The Queer Sound of the Dandiya Queen, Falguni Pathak
- Gendered Soundscapes of India, an Introduction
- Gender and the First Sound Films in 1930s Bombay
Search for topics. . .
- Rediscovering Hip-Hop’s Early Years: An Interview with Joseph Ewoodzie – AAIHS fb.me/79ocw5qrx 6 hours ago
- The Year in Protest Music 2017 pitchfork.com/features/lists… via @pitchfork 17 hours ago
- RT @Klangable: silent reading emboldened the reader because it placed the source of his curiosity completely under personal control https:/… 19 hours ago