Annual conference previews and listings from big conferences not exclusively devoted to sound (the American Studies Association, the Society for Ethnomusicology, the Modern Language Association, and the Society for Cinema and Media Studies. . .and more!).
- “It’s Time to End the Publishing Gatekeeping!”: SO! stands with RaceB4Race
- Listen to yourself!: Spotify, Ancestry DNA, and the Fortunes of Race Science in the Twenty-First Century
- Black Excellence on the Airwaves: Nora Holt and the American Negro Artist Program
- Blank Space and “Asymmetries of Childhood Innocence”
- Youth, Reverberations, and Detroit’s Most Charismatic Rapper
Search for topics. . .
- Job alert! Assistant Professor in Music - Black sound art and/or Black sound studies, Tenure Track uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs/job/Ch… 6 hours ago
- RT @LorenzFerrarini: I'm happy to share that Sonic Ethnography, a book I wrote with N. Scaldaferri on sound, identity and heritage in Basil… 19 hours ago
- platformspace.net/home/experienc… 19 hours ago