Sound Off! // Comment Klatsch #12: Sound and Surveillance
klatsch \KLAHCH\ , noun: A casual gathering of people, esp. for refreshments and informal conversation [German Klatsch, from klatschen, to gossip, make a sharp noise, of imitative origin.] (Dictionary.com)
Dear Readers: Today’s Sound Off!//Comment Klatsch question comes to you from Aaron Trammell, Multimedia Editor of Sounding Out!
— J. Stoever-Ackerman, Editor-in-Chief
What makes a sound private and what makes it public?
Comment Klatsch logo courtesy of The Infatuated on Flickr.
- The Top Ten Sounding Out! Posts of 2018!
- Femmes Fucking the Camera: Listening to the Sonics of Boudoir Photography
- SO! Podcast #72: Not Your Muse (Episode 1 feat. Hailey Niswanger)
- “How Many Latinos are in this Motherfucking House?”: DJ Irene, Sonic Interpellations of Dissent and Queer Latinidad in ’90s Los Angeles
- Mr. and Mrs. Talking Machine: The Euphonia, the Phonograph, and the Gendering of Nineteenth Century Mechanical Speech
Search for topics. . .
- RT @Musicologess: Next semester I’ve resolved to only teach chamber music by female composers. What are your favorites I can look into? I’v… 4 hours ago
- Amazon Holiday Ad Becomes Eerily Dystopian When the Music Is Replaced With the 'Winter Soldier' Theme laughingsquid.com/amazon-holiday… 5 hours ago
- free full text available: M.J. (meLê) Yamomo's “Brokering Sonic Modernities: migrant Manila musicians in the Asia… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago