Sound Off!// Comment Klatsch #15: Urban Sounds
klatsch \KLAHCH\ , noun: A casual gathering of people, esp. for refreshments and informal conversation [German Klatsch, from klatschen, to gossip, make a sharp noise, of imitative origin.] (Dictionary.com)
Who or what determines a city’s soundscape?
Comment Klatsch logo courtesy of The Infatuated on Flickr.
- Blank Space and “Asymmetries of Childhood Innocence”
- Youth, Reverberations, and Detroit’s Most Charismatic Rapper
- Contemporary Television’s Construction of Sonic New Jersey
- SO! Podcast #81: The Intimacy and Public Feeling of a Post-Troika Emotional Recovery
- Stir It Up: From Polyphony to Multivocality in A Brief History of Seven Killings
Search for topics. . .
- nytimes.com/2020/02/13/us/… 16 hours ago
- RT @CaseyMecija: I wrote a piece for @soundingoutblog that listens closely to Filipinx childhood. So grateful to be a part of this archive.… 17 hours ago
- RT @voicesbend: "With limited access to Internet in the home, the cybercafé has been a site that children frequent to communicate with fami… 20 hours ago